President of the United States (US) Donald Trump said, the Government of Saudi Arabia's efforts to cover the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi was very bad. The US promised to revoke the visa of some people who were considered responsible for this case.
"They have a very bad initial scenario, and the effort to cover what they do is one of the worst in history," Trump said on Wednesday (10/24).
Trump did not give his views who was fully responsible for Khashoggi's death. But US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said they had identified several Saudi Arabian government and defense officials who were believed to be involved in Khashoggi's murder.
Pompeo promised the US would take proportional action including revoking their visa. "Poor handling, it should never have occurred, someone really has screwed up, and the effort to cover them is very bad," Trump said.
Trump said this was after a few hours earlier Turkish President Recep Tayyep Erdogan dismissed the statement of Saudi Arabia which blamed Khashoggi's death for a failed intelligence operation.
Erdogan asked Riyadh to thoroughly examine the cause of Khashoggi's death at their consulate office on October 2.
After the fact after fact this case was revealed during the last three weeks Saudi Arabia changed their statements. Riyadh had previously denied knowing Khashoggi's whereabouts.
But finally they claimed the senior journalist was killed in a fight at their consulate office in Istanbul. Some western countries do not believe the Saudi Arabian statement. Making their relationship with one of the largest oil exporters in the world stretch.
Media managed by the Arab government of Suadi said King Salman had sacked five officials after the Khashoggi murder case was revealed. The officials reportedly ordered 15 people to fly to Istanbul to kill Khashoggi.
One of the five officials who was fired was Saud al-Qahtani. The person who runs social media Crown Prince Prince Mohammed bin Salman. According to intelligence reports, Qahtani ordered the murder via Skype.